18 years ago Lorrie was diagnosed with Graves’ disease. Then, in 2017 she received a diagnosis of thyroid cancer.
In this episode we hear Lorrie describe the following:
* Papillary thyroid cancer
* Long delayed pathology results
* Graves’ disease
* Balancing Graves’ disease and a thyroid cancer diagnosis
* Emotional roller coaster of feeling optimistic and other days of sadness.
* The feelings and emotions of related to a cancer diagnosis
* Being careful about the information shared on the Internet and potential negativity
* Support network and family
* Nodule size was 1.1 cm, but with history of Graves’ disease, she decided to forego active surveillance