The best thyroid surgeons share these 5 things in common.
Often, patients are told questions to ask their surgeon.
But, more important, might be the key question a surgeon asks the patient, and the key things he/she says, including:
- IT WON’T KILL YOU (PAPILLARY). Episode 74 of Doctor Thyroid explores this topic. < 99.9% of the population will die from thyroid cancer.
- WHAT DO YOU DO FOR WORK? Episode 51 of Doctor Thyroid with Dr. Shaha explores the importance of this question.
- WATCH AND WAIT IS AN OPTION. Episode 50 with Dr. Michael Tuttle explains this treatment approach.
- THERE ARE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES. See the 10 (above). Also, listen to episode 76 with Dr. James Netterville.
- TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO NOT RUSH. Papillary thyroid cancer is slow, it will not kill you, and is over-diagnosed and over-treated. Move slow. Episode 6 with Dr. Van Nostrand
Full article available here https://lnkd.in/gEjtF4C
View complete episodes here: www.docthyroid.com