Dr. Babak Larian
is a highly experienced, board certified Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialist and Head & Neck surgeon. Dr. Larian is the current Clinical Chief of the Division of Otolaryngology at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. Dr. Larian’s Center For Head and Neck Surgery is located in Beverly Hills, California.
In this episode, Dr. Larian discusses his experience treating thyroid disorders, including his medical missions to Central America.
During this interview, you will hear greater detail about the following topics:
- The most recent American Thyroid Association’s guidelines and updates to treating thyroid cancer compared to past approaches
- Minimally invasive thyroid surgery, which results in less scarring and less discomfort
- Breaking away from the old tradition of a large incision
- Testing for parathyroid imbalance
- What might it mean when the patient feels anxious, has to urinate during the night, impaired mental function, and calcium imbalance?
- Which blood test reveals possible parathyroid issues?
- The common denominator in patients who recover post thyroid cancer surgery
- A parathyroid trend in women 40 – 60 years old
- The importance of staying in tune with your body and its signals